We love what we do, and do it well
With decades of business and design experience, our team enjoys the opportunity to share knowledge and establish long-term client relationships based on trust, mutual respect, and performance. We venture outside the box, keep an open mind, are energized by collaborative ideation, and have a passion for continuous improvement. And we always try to have fun while getting the work done. The Linchpin Network includes veteran business management advisors, branding and marketing experts, award-winning designers, digital specialists, and result-driven analysts. Our aspiration is to delight clients, and challenge the status quo.
David Robertson, PMP, LSSGB
Founder & Principal
David delivers a unique blend of creative thinking, analytical and organizational skills to initiate and activate solutions. With over 20-years of proven results, David has been a key strategic leader and tactical contributor, driving achievements of the highest priority — revenue growth, innovation, marketing & sales, profitability, customer engagement, partnerships, operational efficiency and organizational transformation. He has consistently demonstrated his integrity, adaptability, resilience, courage, and “can-do” attitude in building teams and systems for responding to challenges and growth opportunities.
In 2011, David founded Linchpin Strategy, a unique business and branding consultancy, delivering an effective blend of strategy, creativity, analytics, and tactics. He and the Linchpin Network of consultants and creative specialists advise and partner with progressive organizations in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors. In 2016, Linchpin was recognized as Marketer of the Year by the American Marketing Association and also won the Best B2C Integrated Marketing Campaign (For Profit) award for the Rootstock Ciderworks brand and product launch.
David was honored to be named a Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 honoree based on professional achievements and community service. He is an active volunteer and supporter of various community health & wellness, arts & culture, civil rights, and veterans causes. Passions include family fun, community service, travel, food, music, photography, cycling, classic cars, and the Adirondacks.
Honors + Recognition
- American Marketing Association Marketer of the Year
- American Marketing Association: Best B2C Integrated Marketing Campaign (For Profit), Rootstock Ciderworks
- Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award, recognized for professional achievements and community service
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Corporate Leadership Program and Diversity & Inclusion Council
- Corning Incorporated: Prism Performance Award
- Forward Branding: Agency Top Performer Award
- American Corporate Identity: Award of Excellence — Corelle 40th Anniversary Packaging Design
Selected Speaking Engagements
- New Product Innovation health & wellness conference: “Incremental Innovation”
- Health 2.0 conference: “Enhancing the Web Experience”
- New Product Innovation health & wellness conference: “Bringing a Concept to Market”
- World Health Care Congress; invited speaker and member of advisory panel
- Health Care Product Design & Development conference: “Innovation: Purpose, People & Process”
Sean Ossont, MBA, MHA
Sean Ossont is a recognized healthcare leader with more than 20-years of proven results across a variety of sectors including business management consulting, managed care, and academic medicine. In 2017, Sean joined the Linchpin team as a principal and lead for the healthcare strategic-planning services group, assisting dynamic organizations focus on mission-critical opportunities by bridging gaps between operational and financial challenges.
Sean’s collaborative style and “can-do” attitude motivates people and organizations toward common objectives and encourages dialogue to respond to “tough questions” with practical solutions. His engaging data-driven approach involves all stakeholders and yields optimal results.
In 2009, Sean was honored to be named a Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 honoree based on professional achievements and community volunteer leadership. He is an active board member and advocate for such causes as CP Rochester, Happiness House, Rochester Rehabilitation Center; and an active volunteer ski instructor of Shared Ski Adventures. Passions include traveling with his family, coaching, golfing, and skiing.
Honors + Recognition
- Rochester Press-Radio Club 2016 ESL Volunteer of the Year
- Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award, recognition for professional & civic achievements
- Anthony J. Koenig Volunteer Service Award, recognition of service to the Cerebral Palsy Association of NYS
The Linchpin Network: Connecting you to the right people
The value of the Network is the flexibility to assemble the right expertise and talent based on specific client needs and project requirements. This approach provides the ability for flexible staffing and the freedom to collaborate with “best-in-class” specialists while avoiding the administrative overhead of large “one-stop” agencies and the uncertainties about talent experience and expertise.
Our network of experts and specialists includes veteran business executives, leadership coaches, change agents, consumer research professionals, award-winning designers and digital marketing specialists. Members of the network are featured speakers at industry conferences, educators, and strategic-planning facilitators. We bring the latest innovative thinking and practical knowledge to our work, and help our clients build their own sustainable systems, processes, and practices.